3 ways to share phone internet to laptop
There can be many different situations where you might want to connect your phone’s or Tablet’s internet to your laptop. If you find no internet connection while doing work but desperately need to connect to the internet with your laptop, there are some general ways to share phone internet to laptop. This can be expensive but if you have the right phone with the right cell service provider and specific plans (3G recommended), it can be surprisingly easy.
- Select “Settings” and choose “More Networks.”
- Select “Portable Wi-Fi HotSpot Settings or Mobile Hotspot” and then “Configure” or similar to this on your smartphone to change the name of the network or add a password. You can also choose “Open” Security and connect to laptop without Password. Click Save.
- Select “Tethering & Wi-Fi Hotspot” and choose “Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot or Mobile hotspot.” You can now connect your laptop to the network marked “AndroidAP,” though it will not be a secure connection.
Note: Different Android systems will be structured in different ways, So, there will be different Options but Similar.
Not all devices have Wi-Fi in them, so Bluetooth tethering can be use with those devices. Bluetooth tethering is connecting your phone’s internet to a laptop through Bluetooth.
- As highlighted in above photo Check the option “Bluetooth Tethering”
- Pair the phone’s Bluetooth to Laptop with automatic pass code.
- From you laptop Click “Join a personal Area Network” Under Bluetooth options and Click connect Using Network.
- Select “Settings” and choose “More Networks.” And select the option “Tethering and portable hotspot” or similar to this.
- Connect Android cable between your laptop and phone.
- After enabling data connection in you phone Select “USB tethering” and check the option.
- This will connect phone’s internet to your cellphone automatically.
- Select “General,” choose “Network” and switch Cellular Data to “On.”
- Select “Personal Hotspot.” Your phone will display the necessary Wi-Fi password.
- Turn on wireless networking on your laptop, select the network with the name of your phone and type in the password to connect.
- Tap Settings, and then tap Cellular.
- In the Cellular menu, tap Personal Hotspot.
- Turn Personal Hotspot slider to the ON.
- Choose your connection method. The default connection is USB only. If you want to connect via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth, tap the “Turn on Wi-Fi and Bluetooth” button.
- If you want to connect via USB, Plug the iphone Cable between laptop and phone then choose Phone network from networks option in Laptop.
- If you want to connect via Bluetooth, Pair iphone with your laptop then enter the passcode to complete process. Now connect by clicking join network in you laptop.
- Swipe your finger from the right side of the screen and select “Settings” from the on-screen menu that appears. Tap “Mobile Network” and turn on “Data Connection and 3G Connection.”
- Select the back button to return to the “Settings” menu, tap “Internet Sharing” and turn Sharing to “On.” This will display a broadcast name, or the network name, and a password. Tap “Setup” if you want to change either of these.
- Connect your laptop to the network with this name and password.